We identified the major challenges that PCJ had with its existing ecommerce platform. They were unable to customize the solution to incorporate the length & breadth of customisations required for jewelry e-tailing such as price variations according to karat of the Gold and / or other precious metals, price variations according to the weight & quality of stone, Price variations based on standard & custom-made jewelry; to name a few.
Also real time synchronization of inventory from their physical outlets; housing more than 25,000 SKU’s could not be managed by the existing architecture of the ecommerce platform. Similarly, peak season sales such as Akshay Tritya would bring traffic that is more than 10 times that of regular traffic, causing the platform to become unstable.
Once such issues were identified, we recommended a customized development on Oorjit Multi-Vendor Platform and listed the features, capabilities and integration that would be required to scale up and efficiently run the ecommerce business.
After understanding the business requirement of PCJ, Oorjit offered a multi-vendor ecommerce platform with O2O capability as a SAAS platform. Through the SAAS platform Oorjit manage both technology and infra and enabled PCJ to fully focus on their ecommerce business. Some of the key modifications that we incorporated included:
- Utilizing Oorjit dynamic pricing module we allowed the admin to manage price dynamically by inputting the daily rates of metal and gold based on their purity level.
- Pricing Module also incorporated multiple parameters like metal and stone purity and weight and the daily rate of metal and stones so that different pricing could be managed based on the SKU.
- To manage custom jewelry designs; each Craftsman / manufacture was given a separate login where they will get the purchase order with information of the product to be delivered & its custom design. This functionality enabled PCJ to sell any custom design and deliver the final product to end user with in 7 to 14 days from the date of placing the order.
- Using Oorjit O2O module (online to offline) was efficiently integrated to map the inventory of 87 showrooms the ecommerce website and enable same day delivery of the orders placed from the nearest available outlet.
- Buybox feature enabled customers to view multiple pricing options of same product available at different outlets. They could then choose the product from a store of their choice and if available, get it delivered on the same day.
- Oorjit’s Marketplace integration capabilities allowed PCJ to push its inventory and manage orders from Flipkart & Amazon.
- The platform also incorporated multiple other integrations such as shipping gateways – Ecomexpress & Delhivery; Gift Card services like Qwikcilver & Vouchergram and Custom ERP for jewelry industry – Gatti.
- The whole solution was bundled as a SAAS program, that ensured that we manage all the technology components of the business, while PCJ had only to manage the contents and the marketing elements of the ecommerce revenue channel.